Friday 4 April 2014

In which Zim is confused and I am amused

Two quick items:

News: Phoebe is officially off her nest! She's been out and about for four days now. I hope we can make it back up to five eggs daily, but I would imagine that it's someone else's turn next. The next hen who goes broody will be allowed to keep her eggs, and hatch us a new batch of chicks.


Story: I just got home from agility with Zim, and I let Smash out of her kennel and took the pups with me to fetch today's eggs. Zim got quite a way ahead of Dash, and turned around and laid down in the path to the barn. Ask Dash wandered closer, Zim perked his ears, dropped his head, and stared at her intently. Aha! Classic signs of a doggie ambush. As Dash reached Zim's usual pounce threshold, she suddenly veered to her right, broke through the crust on the snow, sank to her chest and started bounding through the snow to reach the fence and crawl through the grass under the trough. Zim raises his head with a look of surprise and watches her go, then looks at me as if to say, "Well would you look at that! Where's she going?!"

Just another fun-filled evening around here :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh chicks will be exciting. Zim and Dash will always keep you laughing:) So you still have snow too eh?:) xxo Hug B

    ReplyDelete