Monday 10 February 2014

Goals for 2014

So now that we've made it through our first summer on the farm, and we're working our way through our second winter, we have a better idea of our resources (ex. money, time, know-how and ideas, physical capabilities, PITA tolerance, etc.) and how quickly plans can get sidetracked.  With that in mind, we sat down a few weeks ago and decided on our 2014 goals:
- Organize the garden better, and keep up with maintenance
- Finish the soffits and fascia, and possibly put up eaves troughs
- Chink the house
- Start composting for real, instead of just throwing random stuff in a pile and forgetting about it

These might actually be attainable! Yay!

I have two personal goals as well:
- Fix my physical issues and keep up with exercising
- Knit a pair of socks

Everything else is a bonus!

Let's try this interaction thing: What is one of your goals for 2014?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, goals for 2014. I have so many ideas, but same as you, I am sometimes way to ambitious! I would really like to get a farm website off the ground so I will make that one a for sure concrete goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tiny bit of experience with some website builders (Microsoft's Frontpage, and Drupal, and a smidge of basic HTML), so if there's anything I can help with, let me know :) Also, codecademy (codecademy.com) has an HTML tutorial, along with other stuff - that might be a good resource.

      Delete
  2. Well I think all your goals are attainable Mandi you have come a long way my friend. Knit some socks let me know if that is easy or not I am stuck on hats:)
    I have never had one doubt that you would real all your goals in time, you are doing great. One step at a time and sometimes you trip but you pull yourself back up and continue on,no problem for you two. Take care of your health it is the MOST important while you are still young. HUG xo B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buttons! I am looking forward to tackling socks, and then being able to wear them! My stitches are super tight (I have completed one dishcloth in the past 12 years!) so I'll have to work on that.
      We'll keep trying our best, and I'm definitely working on my health stuff, I promise!!

      HUGS!
      Mandi

      Delete
  3. That was you would REACH all your goals in time:) B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mandi YOU WON one of my hats. If you would email me your snail mail address I will get it off to you. buttonsthoughts@gmail.com Congratulations. Hug B

    ReplyDelete