Monday 5 November 2012

This week at the Rescue

(I apologize - this was actually my afternoon at the rescue last week.  Usually I can post these on Saturday, but this past weekend was too busy to hop online.)

This week, I got a little variety in my day.  I started by mixing the food for the three horses that are on special diets right now: Finigan, Darcy and Dallas.  Nicola has a special recipe for each of them, and they're getting fed three times a day in this cold weather as they try to put on some weight.  I mixed up two meals' worth, then took one meal out to them, which they happily devoured.

Finigan

Dallas

And my favourite, Darcy
Then I got to pick a horse to groom.  I attempted to catch another horse, Jewels, but she wanted nothing to do with me so as I trudged through the snow back to the barn (after chasing Jewels around her pen for ten minutes), I saw Bingo looking at me over his fence, and decided that Bingo was my next choice.  He's a very sweet and gentle 22-year-old, and if we were currently in the market for a horse, I would take him.

Bingo

Lookin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment